S7 program for 4-floor elevator

Noobie Team

Hello all users!

Our Noobieteam has a schoolproject. We have to make 4-floor elevator logic program using by S7. So, if someone has a full program, we would be very glad if somebody could send it for us. All help is needed because this software is quite new for us.

Thx for advices. =)

Noobie Team said:
So, if someone has a full program, we would be very glad if somebody could send it for us.
You are joking, right ? You are not seriously asking for the finished solution to your task, right ?

Noobie Team said:
All help is needed because this software is quite new for us.
No, you will learn nothing from just getting the solution delivered on a silver platter. What you need is to start working on the problem, and to work with the software.

If there is specific question to a problem that you have tried to solve yourself, then state what the problem is and what you have tried yourself do far. Then I am sure that you will get help.

Noobie Team - This is the first elavator help request I have seen from the UK, and it's a school. Which school is it and what subject is this from ?

Also, which CPU are you using ?

Answers

Yeah.

So, this was a little joke =)

We have made symbol table already and it is OK and some kind of program, but because we have never use S7 it´s a little bit hard for us.

How you guys would do movement between floors? By MOVE-command or RS-flipflops?

Noobie Team,

DO NOT, under any circumstances, use the MOV instruction for an elevator!!! That instruction is strictly for horizontal motion. Any attempt to use it for a vertical motion application will result in severe penalties for violations of Newton's laws of universal gravitation.

The correct instruction for vertical applications is the shift register.

Use the RS flipflop for direction reversal.

Noobie Team said:
We have made symbol table already and it is OK and some kind of program, but because we have never use S7 it´s a little bit hard for us.

Post your "some kind of program" here and let us have a look at it.

Zip it up (use Simatic manager for this) and attach it to a post.

Paul

Noobie,

First set up a "Going Up" relay and a "Going Down" relay to control the direction of the elevator.

Would that be a car switch, collective selective, or Single Automatic Push-Button operation?

Noobie,

Like Lancie1 said, you first need determine direction. Call your direction relays CA (Call Above), and CB (Call Below). In theroy you can have a CA & CB on at the same time, however they will latch the direction prefrence depending on which one went on first.

Do this on paper, then figure out how to enter the program later.

Ok lets make it simple, step by step. 4 floors = 4 calls to register & LATCH/HOLD/SET. If someone pushes the 4th floor button and your NOT at the 4th floor, then you would LATCH the 4th floor call. If you at the 4th floor then you would then UNLATCH/RESET the 4th floor call.

Your call buttons (inputs) will be 1C, 2C, 3C, & 4C. The latches will be 1CL, 2CL, 3CL, & 4CL. Your floor relays will be 1F, 2F, 3F, & 4F.

Scribble your ladder out on paper, scan it and post a jpg, or pdf showing what you have. Show me code for all the calls, post it, and I'll post the next hint...

Good luck with it.