Send E-mail from PLC

Dear John,

Most PLC can nowadays send email. I work mostly with SIMATIC S7-300 and S7-200, both have a Ethernet communications card with capability to send emails. They are known as IT.

Kelkoon

To be honest it depends on your app, to use a siemens + ethernet card might be a bit expensive, however there are a number of HMI manufaturers out there that have web enabled hardware.

Beijers is a good one, they are reasonably priced & ones above the E300 range support an optional ethernet card (about £170) that will give you what you want, also they will talk direct to Mitsi & AB plcs + most others, also you can use passthrough mode to talk to the plc with you programming software so if the HMI is connected to the only port on your PLC you can still program PLC via the HMI.

I believe that Proface is another one.

All AB Logix Ethernet modules can do this:

A108532304 - Sending Email Messages from application using 1788-ENBT module​
A123234004 - Sending Email to Multiple Recipients Using 1756-EWEB, 1756-ENBT and 1788-ENBT

The new ML1100 is WEB enabled, so I would assume that you can send email also.

Contr_Conn said:
All AB Logix Ethernet modules can do this:

A108532304 - Sending Email Messages from application using 1788-ENBT module​

A123234004 - Sending Email to Multiple Recipients Using 1756-EWEB, 1756-ENBT and 1788-ENBT