How to create STI file (Symbol table file) in Step7?

smorango

I want to connect my S7-318 PLC to Siemens Simatic NET OPC Server V6.2 SP1 using S7 symbolic tags. The OPC Server requires a STI file with the symbols from the Step7 V5.3 project.
I went all over the manual and it just says that this file is created by the Step7 program.

How can I create this file?

Another problem a have is that I don't know how to access a single element in an array from the OPC Client using Simatic NET OPC Server V6.2 SP1. In the older version of the server the client could access any item in an array by name[index] but V6.2 SP1 doesn't support this method.

How can it be done with V6.2 SP1?

Similar Topics

Hello, I've been trying to learn this a while now and still have not found out how this works. I have an Omron CJ2M PLC and an ABB ACS 355 VFD...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to deal with iFix again and am looking at the most efficient way to create alarms to display in iFix, i.e. not creating an...
Replies
Views
Good morning to all, I have the following issue, I installed everything of intouch including the patch, it is the 2023 version. The...
Replies
Views
So, I finally got versioin 27 installed on my Windows 10 VM. However, now I can't upload a project from my lab controller. I have the above error...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have few GB of logged data created by RS View 32 Works, it is all in .DBF format. At the moment, my company wants to shift all data to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom