Allen Bradley Sercos / Servo

iansmiler

Okay gents, I have been given the task of using an Allen Bradley Servo Amp (Ultra 3000) and Motor controlled via a Sercos card (1756-MO3SE). I have no idea what the hell I am doing! has anybody got a tutorial concerning this topic or maybe just point me in the right direction, I'll appreciate any help I can get, Thanks,

Ian

Hi

Just a few questions

1 have you done motion on a control logix before

2 I think the card is a 1756-MO8SE

3 how many motors are on the system

Motion with the control logix and Sercos is as straight forward as you can get.The first time I used it I had only a few small problems.

Have you got all the parts and can you set them up on a bench.

Donnchadh K

In the RSLogix 5000 Help menu under On-Line books, study the "Motion Instruction set" and from the "ControlLogix Manuals", the Motion module volume.

I hope someone knowledgeable selected the drives and motors for you - properly sizing the system for the task is the critical first step in designing any servo system.

If you elaborate on the system operation or have some specific questions, you will get more detailed responses.