Bug in Step 7

Johnny T

I may have found a small bug in Step 7 v5.3 SP2 and wondered if any of you could verify whether it is local to my computer or a problem with the software.

The problem occurs when you use the Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V shortcut keys to copy and paste a segment that contains a call to an FC using the variable declaration table. The program bombs out with an error message and then shuts down.

I can 'copy' and 'paste' segments that contain just a standard conditional call. But I get the problem is the call passes in variables and I try and copy it.

Next time you've got five minutes on Step 7 just create a new FC and declare a few variables in the variable dec. table and then go to OB1 or wherever and put a call in to it. Save it and then try and 'copy' the calling segment and see if it happens to you too.

;-)

Johnny,

ive experienced similar to what you describe and the helpful message that the editor is going to close - sorry for any inconveinience!, Although since Downloading SP3 it doesnt seem to happen as often. I think it just pays to save frequently!

STL

It must be something in the software then. As you say.. the message is a nightmare because it doesn't let you save before it closes the program...

I have seen this bug too.
Very annoying !
If I have to copy networks in the ladder editor, I first switch to STL (CTRL-2), then copy the networks (CTRL-C), then paste (CTRL-V) and then switch back to LAD (CTRL-1). All this to not crash the editor.

There is a few others that appear to have been cured in SP3 - change a block declaration , then go to the calling block and try to regenerate the DB , my installation falls over every time - cured in SP3 thankfully .