CX-Programmer Help?

smitty72

I'm new to Omron PLC's, and lacking knowledge in a few things, specifically analog inputs and outputs.
My biggest problem is that I have a level transducer that I just need to use as a low and high level switch, I figure I can do this using comparison bits, but I can't figure out how to adress it to the input module properly (CJ1W-MAD42 Analog I/O, if it matters).
Is there such thing as a retentive timer or latch/unlatch bits in this software? Am I not looking in the right places, or am I just too used to the AB programs?
Thanks

I've just figured the timers and latch commands out from looking around on the forums here, Thanks anyway there... I still need some help with the analog input though.

smitty72,
Actually it does matter what module you are using. You will want to get the Omron W345 manual that covers the Analog I/O modules.

This module is a "special" I/O module and the addressing is determined by the "Mach No" rotary switches on the front. The analog values will be found in CIO words based on the Mach No.

What version of CX-Programmer are you using? Version 6 will make setting up the module much easier, but it can be done with older versions. Certain DM and CIO addresses will need to be set based on input signal, points used, etc.

Check out the W345 manual, then post back with questions. Note that I also check Mr.PLC.com as referred to by bluebyu.

Hope this will help.

Thanks a lot, I got the manual, and will be reading through it this evening sometime, most likely.

I'm running CX-Programmer 6.0, and the PLC itself is a CJ1M CPU-13.

I'll be letting you know if I come across any more problems.