RSView

randy

Supporting Member
Using RSView Machine Edition can the RSLogix PLC program be viewed or modified?

There is an active X control available from Rockwell called RSLadder500 and RSLadder5. This active X control can be used to create an online view only page of the ladder program in RSView32 or RSViewSE. With a little VB (which is a bit of a problem with ME on a panelview plus) it can be equiped with custom naviagaion tools. The custom naviagion tools are not a must, but RSladder's native navigation tool set is cumbersome. It helps RSLadder navigation a bit if the ladder file usses page titles.

I'm going to stick with my, admitedly pessimistic, answer. RSLadder is an ActiveX compiled for wintel platforms; Alaric is applying industrial amounts of litotes when he says that it would require "a little VB" (trans: s**tloads) and that it's "a bit of a problem on a PanelView Plus" (trans: im-bloody-possible) because Machine Edition creates application to run on a CE platform and only the VersaView CE machines support (CE) ActiveX's at all.

And you still can't modify the code:)

The amount of VB to make RSLadder use easy in RSView32 or SE is not significant, thus "a little VB." I've used RSLadder in a number of application, and I would hardly characterize the VB requried as **** loads, though if you want to refer to to the VB language using the same adjective you wouldn't get an argument from me, as even small amounts of VB is admittedly a pain in the butt.

With respect to running it on RSVME, unfortunately, intonation does not always come across in a text post. My intent was to state that while it is possible in RSV32 and RSVSE, that does not automatically mean you can do it in RSVME. Imagine a sarcastic intonation on "bit of a problem" and I think my meaning will be more clear.

🍺

Last edited: