WinnCC Flexible and Step7 integration

zrawi

When I installed WinCC Flexible it was saying that my Step7 (5.3) version is old and needs to be updated up to SP2, and as a result WinCC did not integrate into Step7.
So after installation I downloaded the SP2 for my Step7 and installed it succesfuly..
Now I wonder how can I integrate WinCC into Step7 without reinstalling it..
Can someone give me some tips on how to do it?

I think that it is as simple as open the project in Win CC Flexible, chose the function "Project .. Integrate in STEP7", and then point to the STEP7 project of your choice.
You may want to check the communication parameters afterwards.

Hmm.. I dont see such an option (Project -> Integrate in Step7).. What could be the problem? Some configuration..

I started to learn WinCC this week so don't laugh if I ask something stupid.. :)

Dont you get this ? :
WinCCFlex_integrated.GIF

The problem could be a nasty case of a registry error.
I previously had a similar problem, and I had to deinstall all Siemens programs (!), delete entries in the registry manually, and delete some files manuelly to cure it.

Ok, I get it..
When I start WinCC in the Project menu those two options (Integrate in Step7, Copy from Step7) are disabled.

It seems like I will have to reinstall this software..

Thanks for your help!

Do you have an project open ?
They will be greyed out if no project is open.

If you have to reinstall the software then search for "complete deinstallation" on siemens support site.
When you reinstall the software, start with STEP7 !