Communication between a S7-400 and a S7-300 PLC

With "H1" do you mean ethernet ?
I am not an expert in SINEC-H1, but I think it is based on ISO protocol.
However, if both S7 PLCs have CPs or onboard interfaces that are capable of TCP/IP, then they dont have to resort to ISO protocol.

With STEP7 there is a comprehensive sample project for ethernet comms.
In STEP7 select file .. open .. and then the Sample projects tab. There should be a PROJECT-ETHERNET.

I know this doesn't really answer your question about H1. But, the way we communicated between 2 400s and 5 300s was with DP-Couplers set up in the HW config. You can address your "I/O" directly in the program and transfer that way.

Similar Topics

Hi! Last few I've been trying to send message from MicroLogix 1400 to Micro 850. Unfortunately every time I failed :banghead:. Did someone tried...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys, I am struggling to read data from a "JUMO" make controller using modbus RTU with MLX1400. The communication between the devices has...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am trying to communicate between Siemens 1214 that I have and a Micrologix 1400 on the other end through CIP protocol. I downloaded...
Replies
Views
we use M580 which have an Modbus RTU port correct if iam wrong now should i have to read input data from ab micrologix through read var block and...
Replies
Views
can anyone help me to get IO Data from ab micrologix 1400 to modicon M580 they are connected through ethernet?ip communication
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom