Allen Bradley PLCs

russl

I'm new to PLC programing. Does the book offered on PLCS.net cover AB plcs?
My company uses AB, I'm looking for a book to help me with that brand.

You will find the book very helpful.

My way to describe it is that it is not brand specific, as most books. To me, it seems to lean towards AB.

As far as a book specifically covering AB, I haven't seen one, but there could be some out there.

The plcs.net book is an excellant place to start, and if you did a search, you will find many of the "regulars" here learned plc's with it.

regards.....casey

Is the book for "PLC Dummies" or is there a book out there "PLC for Dummies"? I am looking for something that will take me step-by-step through a simple project to write simple code, test it out, & explain what I did and why/how the code worked?

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Russl,

What type of AB plc does your company use? SLC, PLC5, CLX, all of the above?

Do you guys use equipment with PLCs or do you manufacture them?