AB RSLOGIX DATA FILE

PERSPOLIS

HI EXPERTS

ONE OF OUR MACHINE WHCH CONTROLLED BY PLC (5/03 PROCESSOR) ITS DATA FILE CONSIST OF FOR EXAMPLE C5 COUNTER, TIMER T4 ,INTEGER N7 ETC AND AT THE SAME TIME I NOTICED THAT N11, C15, T14 , ALSO ARE PART OF DATA FILE .
CAN SOMEBODY EXPLAIN WHAT IS GOING ON AS I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A DATA FILE BEFORE.

MANY THANKS EXPERTS

You're probably familiar with the default data files that are used by SLC and MicroLogix controllers.

These data files cannot be deleted or assigned to different purposes: file 3 is always a Boolean file, file 4 is always a Timer file.

But for controllers that support expanded data tables (i.e. anything but the MicroLogix 1000) you can create more data tables, starting with File 9.

It is very common for a programmer to follow the theme set by the default data files; File 14 will be Timers, and File 15 will be Counters, for example.

It's not required to do so; You could have B14, or N15, whatever you wanted to define.