Backround on VIPA and ProfiChip company

GER4046

I am interested in integrating ProfiChip SPEED7 ASICS into drives of my company. Therefore I am wondering whether VIPA and ProfiChip are reliable partners also for longterm business. Judging from VIPA's latest published figures of 15-16 Mio. Euro revenue (in 2004) worldwide (with 200 employees) their future does not look very promising. Who knows if this revenue is realistic, or if their real revenue is much higher?

WOW, that is fast!!

16 million euros for 200 employees is not much for a capital intensive company that also requires a lot of high tech talent.

We use the Profichip VCP3 profibus chip in our product. However, this is not risky because there is a second source.

If the Speed7 works as advertised I would think this would be a booming company. They just need to find designers to use the Speed7 in their products. I didn't even know about the Speed7 unitl this thread.

I will forward this link to our engineers.
http://www.speed7.com/uk/

I would post on sci.engr.cntrl and comp.acrh.embedded where the number of engineers/designers is much higher.

See also
http://www.google.com/search?q=ProfiChip+SPEED7+ASICS+&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial

I found only 1 page of hits. Is this chip real yet?

Backround about VIPA and ProfiChip company

Dear Peter, according to my knowledge there is no second source for the SPEED7 ASIC, because this is a special development of Mr. Seel's ProfiChip company. If he has to shut down his company, I have a problem! Therefore I am looking for the worldwide revenue of the companies VIPA and ProfiChip!
Best regards!

Peter Nachtwey said:
16 million euros for 200 employees is not much for a capital intensive company that also requires a lot of high tech talent.

We use the Profichip VCP3 profibus chip in our product. However, this is not risky because there is a second source.

If the Speed7 works as advertised I would think this would be a booming company. They just need to find designers to use the Speed7 in their products. I didn't even know about the Speed7 unitl this thread.

I will forward this link to our engineers.
http://www.speed7.com/uk/

I would post on sci.engr.cntrl and comp.acrh.embedded where the number of engineers/designers is much higher.

See also
http://www.google.com/search?q=ProfiChip+SPEED7+ASICS+&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial

I found only 1 page of hits. Is this chip real yet?

Hello

There are more than one Speed7 ASIC:

PLC7000,
PLC7001,
PLC7100,
PLC7200,
PLC7300

At which ASIC are you interested?

Did you spoke directly with Mr. Seel?

Backround info about VIPA and ProfiChip

Dear Longbow,
I think the PLC7000 chip should be fine for my drives application. I assume it is still available!
I met Mr. Seel and his consultant, Mr. Sekin at the PLC-IPC-Drives show in Nuremberg last year. Speed7 was prety new that time!
Are you linked to Vipa or ProfiChip company somehow?
Best regards!
Longbow said:
Hello

There are more than one Speed7 ASIC:

PLC7000,
PLC7001,
PLC7100,
PLC7200,
PLC7300

At which ASIC are you interested?

Did you spoke directly with Mr. Seel?

Dear GER4046,
I'm from profichip.
PLC7000 is available since 2 years, but only for VIPA!

For your application it would be better to wait for a PLC7001 and ARM equipped SODIMM PCB which is scheduled for end 2Q06 or for the "all in one" solution PLC7100/PLC7200.

For more info please contact us.

Best regards!

Last edited:
Longbow said:
Dear GER4046,
I'm from profichip.
PLC7000 is available since 2 years, but only for VIPA!

For your application it would be better to wait for a PLC7001 and ARM equipped SODIMM PCB which is scheduled for end 2Q06 or for the "all in one" solution PLC7100/PLC7200.

For more info please contact us.

Best regards!
Dear Longbow,
good to hear, that I met somebody who should know the answer to my most important question: how do you want to secure your business of EUR 15` in 2004 with 200 employees? That`s a ratio of 75 TEUR per employee - according to your own press release! Exception: you have some more business not mentioned in that report?! To integrate PLC functionality into our drives creates us a lot of effort. Therefore I want to make sure that way to have a longterm partner.
Best regards - GER4046

Dear GER4046

Right now VIPA has 103 employees and total revenue of 19,4 million Euro for 2005 (estimate for December). (188 TEuro per employee)
Approximately 30% growth (total revenue) from 2004->2005 and from 2003->2004!

Counting all employees from all distributors of VIPA products around the world you get 200. But the revenue is only for 100 VIPA employees!

Best regards!