sequencer outputs

Bossk

Can someone tell me how to reset a sequencer out back to
position 0, and if a sequencer out positioned in an mcr zone will
deenergize the outputs or not? This is using an AB5/05.

From RSLogix 500 help file:

"You can use the reset (RES) instruction to reset a sequencer. All control bits (except FD) will be reset to zero. The position will also be reset to zero. Program the address of your control register in the RES."

Resetting won't change the outputs, though. You'll need to clock to position 1 to do that.

Since the SQO is basically a move with mask (ie retentive) its outputs won't be affected by an MCR zone.

Thank you, guess i should have looked there.
But i need a way of deenergizing the outputs
and then resuming where it left off, btw the
sequencer is timer controlled.

Bossk said:
...I need a way of deenergizing the outputs
and then resuming where it left off, btw the
sequencer is timer controlled.

Then do the obvious - instead of having the SQO write to the O: file, ave it write to an N file. Normally, the N file would write to the O: file, but if you need to disable outputs, disble the N:-to-O:, and write a zero to O: instead.

Or you can have the sequencer write to a bit file, then you can have an output file where the bits control the outputs. I actually prefer this method as an AB sequencer is too complicated for most maintenance individuals and the outputs are somewhat invisible to them. This creates a handy file where they can go and see if the outputs are being told to energize by the PLC.