how to get a numerical value instead of an ascii charecter ! ?

Azfar

hello. we are using siemens S7-200 CPU 224. my task is to get prinouts of analog data monitored/controlled by the PLC. i have managed to get the prints. the problem i am facing is that the plc is printing the value ( temperature in this case ) as an ascii charecter. so i am getting all sorts of symbols corresponding to different temp values. any ideas how can i get the numerical value to be printed instead of an ascii charecter ! ?

You should convert them to the equivalent ASCII before.

The functions ITA, DTA and RTA are available.

Similar Topics

Dear All, How can i write a numerical value to an integer in the citect... i can only see the value but i cannot enter any numberical value...
Replies
Views
Some background: We have two assembly machines in house that make a part that gets crimped by deforming the top of a cylinder. We use a LVDT...
Replies
Views
hi all, First time posting but I visit this site regularly to help me when i get stuck. unfortunately this time the search bar let me down...
Replies
Views
Hello to u all friends , I am working on building an HMI project on FTV8 ME and i need to add numerical entry that show the value without login...
Replies
Views
Hello Board, I have a slight problem with a footage counter system I've been working on... On my numeric display (on my Panelview HMI) it shows...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom