ML1100 faults during web access

stevebec

I'm trying to access a ML1100 controller via the built in web server. Everything is fine until I try to view one of the data views (ie "I1"), which causes the fault light to come on and RSLogix 500 reports an error code of 8 - Internal Software Error. I'm logged in as Administrator, so access rights shouldn't be a problem. I thought I may have hosed up something on the controller during my "learning curve", but I get the same thing on a controller right out of the box.

Thanks in advance for your help. Being new to PLCs, I was delighted to stumble across this forum and its wealth of information.

stevebec said:
I'm trying to access a ML1100 controller via the built in web server. Everything is fine until I try to view one of the data views (ie "I1"), which causes the fault light to come on and RSLogix 500 reports an error code of 8 - Internal Software Error. I'm logged in as Administrator, so access rights shouldn't be a problem. I thought I may have hosed up something on the controller during my "learning curve", but I get the same thing on a controller right out of the box.

Thanks in advance for your help. Being new to PLCs, I was delighted to stumble across this forum and its wealth of information.
Stevebec, I had a similiar problem with "Internal Software Error" I called the AB tech support and was told that the Firmware version on the ML1100 I was using was known to have Ethernet conectivity issues. It was suggested I upgrade the firmware to the latest ver of 7.0. I found the Upgrade program at http://www.ab.com/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix1100/downloads.html. It worked for me, give it a try. Don M