SIEMENS S7: Export and Imort Data blocks from STEP7 to EXCEL

Hello Guys,

Is there any way to export / import the data blocks from EXCEL files?

We tried in S7 and find very difficult to export. In EXCEL the values are not differentiating between different formats.
For example excel reads as INT and REAL values in one format only.

Please suggest if any solution for this...

Thank You
Apparao

Use the "generate source" function in the manager. The for example copy/paste to Excel. Build your DB in Excel, then paste it to the source file. Then "compile". Very good for creating large datablocks build of UDTs where each object has its specific name.

All the data comes out as HEX, I have done this often and just used the Excel tools to make my own conversions in look-up tables.