Citect ,ctTagWrite function

bshinde

hello all,

well i am generating a report using VB ,I have made a EXE. which i am running from citect (by clicking a push button)but the problem is i am not able to implement "ctTagWrite" function in VB to get the tag values to read or write .can any one help me giveing me some hints or say a reference code .Also ar ther any other means to implement the same i.e write or read Tag value in VB from Citect.

thanks

bps

You might get lucky here but would be better off joining the Citect users group. Lots of people there, including Citect people, that have been programming it for years.

Not normally. Some use OPC but most use drivers specifically for the PLC brand they use.

For example, I normally use Omron and use the Omron FINS Gateway driver with Citect for serial, Controller Link, Sysmac Link or Ethernet. The driver is free from Citect.