High Speed Counter Example For ML1100

sprintboy

Hi,
I'm about to code my first MicroLogix 1100. No real drama there, however I'm not sure how to use the high speed counter function. I will be using an Omron Quadrant encoder to count shaft rotation. (This is a very basic pump setup with an extended shaft and measures out a predetermined amount of batter).
Just wondering if anybody has an sample code for the use of the counter. I've heard that it is similar to the ML1200 but haven't used one of those either. Normally use SLC, Control and Compact Logix series. Any hints tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Hi Sprintboy,

I have not used the 1100, but in the 1200, the HSC must be set up in the function files tab of the project tree.

There is a good example in the manual, I will dig out some more details later, when I am back in the office.

A lot really depends on how accurate you want to be. If you are only cutting batter then you could just use the accumulated value of the count within the scan time (they are a fast processor) ie if it has a 2 millisec scan time then the amount of error will be equal to the amount of batter extruded in 2 millisecs (or maybe 4 millisecs).

If this is not accurate enough you must set up an interrupt file that will occur when the high speed preset is reached. a lot more work and in your case probably not required.
Regards Alan Case

Thankyou guys.
Yes only looking to use the acc against a preset limit value just to get consistent batch of batter.

Thanks for help the guys.
Fixed my problem. Helps when you connect the encoder the right way. Needed to be sinking inputs. The rest seems straight forward.