Counters

Rami Dandashi

Hi, can any body help to solve a problem?

how can i use the value "of a counter" as set point of another one!

I mean if C1 counts '3' how this '3' will be set automatically as the set point of C2!

Thanks of help anyway

This assumes that by the 'value' of the counter, you mean the accumulated value. The answer will depend on the brand and model of PLC you're using. When you program the counter function, are you restricted to entering a constant as the preset value or can you enter an address like C1.ACC? If you are limited to a constant, you will need to add another rung with a MOVE or COPY instruction:

______
| MOVE |
C1.ACC| |C2.PRE
|______|

Let us know which PLC you're using and somebody will be able to give you a better answer.

Similar Topics

Hey guys, thanks for reading. I am trying to use a micrologix(1000 or1500) to control 3 hydraulic pumps. I have a time clock to give a signal to...
Replies
Views
iFIX 5.5. We have alarm count database tags with SIM driver and I/O address = "C:AREA-SD:ACK" which is suppose to count the acknowledged alarms in...
Replies
Views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTOOYWMJg9M . Specifically see 1:46 to 2:11. 3. The Cell PLC is in constant communication with two other field...
Replies
Views
Does the 1100 only have 1 high speed counter, but it can have multiple inputs? And so then the 1400 has 6 HSC and you have a choice of multiple...
Replies
Views
I have a questions on counters and accumulators and how do the accumulators work as a preset? I have a program that uses the accumulators as the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom