Panelview + Quality Hold?

10dulkar

I just ordered a 10" PV+ yesterday and today my vendor told me there is a quality hold on these things? Any idea what this is about?

Also any experience using the PV+.. I have used plenty of PV's but no PV+'s

Wishing you and your families a happy holiday season!

Thanks.

I work for an AB distributor, and the only "Stop Orders" I see for operator interface products is for the standard panelviews with ethernet. You might want to make sure he knows you want a PV+ (2711P) and not a std PV (2711). There is a Product Service Advisory for the internal CompactFlash cards for PV+ manufactured between 2/03 and 1/05, but that shouldn't affect new orders.

Someone else might be able to elaborate but the main difference between the PV and the PV+ is the PV+ can use RSView where the PV can only use Panelbuilder.

Rube said:
Someone else might be able to elaborate but the main difference between the PV and the PV+ is the PV+ can use RSView where the PV can only use Panelbuilder.

and PV+ runs on a Windows CE target platform and PV doesn't.

As far as I am concerned the new PV+ range is a disaster,
They fall over to regulary for my liking, slow on booting, fail to stop when you want to configure them, have had a number of failures when trying to update firmware (becomes useful as a bookend only).
It must be something to do with the name windows, look how unstable the pc is with MS.
And what is rockwell doing? have they tried to do a quickie by porting RSView32 instead of starting from scratch?.

IMHO, I think its RA's response to Siemen's Protool/Pro. I understand Protool/Pro will (or is) to be replaced, but it also was painfull in its earlier versions. I hope RA can get the PV+ straightened out quickly because I don't believe its going away.

The quality hold should be resolved on Monday 12/19. I heard from my local A-B office (since my order is also on hold) that the QC group found some bad solder connections on the USB connectors and are going through the production line to be sure they haven't missed any. Until then, they aren't shipping any.

I wish they just sold the PV+ as components so that the distributor could more easily put them on the shelf.

Actually here you can order the PV+ in parts, ie logic module, display, ram, flash card and optional comms modules.
I usually carry one of each as a spare or for rush jobs.
Regards Alan Case