CS1 CIO Address Mapping

Beryl

Hello Everyone!
For reasons beyond my control I need to change the default I/O address for the CIO in some my CS1's. What I need to be able to do, if possible, is to change the addressing for basic input and output cards to a different starting number. Example, slot #1 change to 2.xx instead of 1.xx. Make sense?

Slot 0 is a 16pt output with addresses starting at 0.xx, slot 1 is a 16pt input and I want its address to be 2.xx, slot 2 is a 16pt output I want its address to be 1.xx and slot 3 is a 16pt input and I want its address to be 3.xx.

I know, what the heck would I want to do that for? Because the people upstairs want it that way...

Anyway I don't know if this is possible and I haven't found anything in the manuals that tells me if I can. I know I can start the addresses at whatever number but then they just increment on down the line. Any help or ideas would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Beryl

Open your program and click on the symbols. Change one of the 0.xx that does not have a 1.xx address used and see what effect the change makes. If that works then I would suggest you click on the highest number address you want to change and change it upwards. This will do all of the points using that address. Do this to all in that points in that slot. Eventually you should be able to change the 0.xx to 1.xx so you do not cross the program up.

Make sure and save your work occasionally under a different file just in case.

I must have confused you. I don't need to change the program addressing to another address. I need to change the addressing for say card #1 to the addressing for card #2 but keep the card in slot #1. Obviously I would move the addressing for card #2 somewhere else.

I think the only way I could do this is to move the value of the CIO into some location then move it back to the location I need it. Say move all CIO1 into W100 if the card was in input. If the card was an output I could move W200 into CIO1. Am I making any sense?

Thanks,
Beryl

With CX-Programmer, open the I/O table. Highlight the first card. Go to options and there you can change the rack start address.