Alarm Sounds

In the words of Mike Myers " I'm looking for a bog house made out of solid gold"

Oh well....

I haven't come across a PLC yet that can play .wav's , except perhaps the Oki-Koki 2000 with added visual illusion card .
We use the visual illusion card on many of our machines .

Mehdi said:
Hi, I'm looking for some amazing alarm .wav files. Do you have any?

I like this, Mehdi posts a question, then gives a standard reply to his own question!!!!

Mehdi said:
did you search google for it?

Although this is PLCs.Net, Mehdi didn't state that he wanted to play the .wav using a PLC, perhaps he thought this was a PC forum, now what would the L stand for?

A question similar to this came up before, a few years ago or so.

Paul

Mehdi, considering that you live in Tehran I thought of several alarm sounds you could use but you might not appreciate the humor. Does anyone know what a cruise missile sounds like as it passes overhead?

ALARM sounds

PLucas said:
I like this, Mehdi posts a question, then gives a standard reply to his own question!!!!

Although this is PLCs.Net, Mehdi didn't state that he wanted to play the .wav using a PLC, perhaps he thought this was a PC forum, now what would the L stand for?

A question similar to this came up before, a few years ago or so.

Paul

Hey Paul,

First of all please note that an AI-based software is running on my computer causing some instant answers/actions when I working with my computer. I should control it more.

Second, I've never told I want to play .wav file with a PLC. I just want assign some .wav files to my alarms in HMI station.

Cheers,
Mehdi

rta53 said:
Mehdi, considering that you live in Tehran I thought of several alarm sounds you could use but you might not appreciate the humor. Does anyone know what a cruise missile sounds like as it passes overhead?

Hey Pal,

Sound of cruise missile! It seems amazing for sleepy operators in control room. Send it to me if you have any.

Mehdi

Mehdi said:
I just want assign some .wav files to my alarms in HMI station.

That would be the sort of information that should have been mentioned in your first post.

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to record your own sounds using windoze sound recorder (as mentioned by Goody), then you can have unique sounds depending on the type of alarm displayed.

Paul

P.S rta53, I know you were only being humourous, but I did think that your reply was in bad taste.

Well we did have some fun once on a research machine with RSMessenger and a speech generator with a sultry famale voice plug in.

That might not be advisable in some cultures however.

🍺