Data Display

TEOWK

Hi Good Day!

I am trying to make a data display that employ 20 characters. Since a character will take 4 PLC digital outputs, I will have to use 80 digital outputs!! Is there any programming method that can save the outputs to display the data?

Is it that just for testing purposes?

In this case you can try to build some simple circuit from CMOS 4094 (or similar) which can be easily attached into chain and it will need just three outputs (+5V only of course)... i used that to build long BCD LED Segment display.

cmos%204094.gif

Well... for industrial use, some more solid multiplexing solution will be better :)

If your PLC has a RS232 port maybe you shold consider to find a display with a RS232 interface. Then you need no outputs.

Similar Topics

hi i have a baumer vision unit picking up a QR code this is connected to a siemens 1200 plc. i have a IB18 In the device that is the start of...
Replies
Views
I am using Pro-Face HMI with Omron PLC and using internal registers of the HMI for displaying data. If i disconnect my HMi from PLC the data is no...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm having problem setting up a way to display live data on my HMISTU855. I am reading an analogue input value from a device and I...
Replies
Views
This may come across as an ignorant question as I'm not yet familiar with Factory Talk View, but we have a small system that may be using an AB...
Replies
Views
I have a customer that sent me the email below, I have been trying to find an answers in the manuals but cant find much to help He is using a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom