student project

With those qualifications - i'd hope you would be able to give me tips !!

It is a very vague request , what were you looking for ?

hai,
As you are a certified person you can try to communicate PLC with PC for some perticular application. i.e you can write any application pgm using a software and by communicating with PC you can monitor the status & operation of PLC as SCADA.

With those qualifications at hand, I would even try traffic lights :ROFLMAO:, no matter how complicated someone could think them up.

Regards,

Even with those quals start with something simple.

I'd start off by mimicking something you have handy. A cloths washer or garage door opener is a good start.

u can try elevator control system for 4-5 levels of bldg., and later add on extra feaures like after hour security (can simulate on a ckt board with 4 s/w for 4 floors and lights to indicate the elvator poistion)

other possibility ....can try to design sprinkler system to control roof temp.....and try to divide tht in to 4 zone to add levelsof complexity, but yeah 1st try with something really very simple....then start adding features as project proceed......

ch.gppikrishna said:
how to start my project TRAFFIC LIGHT CONTROL using PLC

Hmmm, I haven't seen this question come up in a while ;)

If you search this forum for the key words "traffic lights" you will get plenty of hits, from them threads you should get some ideas on how to tackle your student project.

Paul

You may do your project for conveyor system for material handling.

For this you have to consider proximity switches,zero speed switches,motors,push buttons etc.,