raytek MI

sapoleon

Hi,
My problem today is with the previos mentioned device.
I have 4 Raytek MI (infrared thermometers) installed in a machine, and in two of them I have a lecture 6 to 8 degrees higher than the real temperature. We checked the thermometers vs. a handheld I.R. Raytek, (we used one day also another handheld I.R.).
There are not much parameters to play with in the appartatus. I use an average of 1 sec, the input of the number of the I.R. cable is OK, and there is no way to caliber the Raytek (no span or zero to adjust).
So, I will appreciate any comments.

thanks again.

There must be a parameter for emissivity -suggest you check the original manual , then compare this to other devices - to be frank with you , dependent on what your are measuring , you may get mixed results with these things .

Yes, the emissivity is one of the only parameters to set, it is set. (0,98 at the moment). the check with the manual device, is with the same emissivity for both of them.

I have also made test changing the emissivity up to 0,80 but the difference in the measured temperature is not so big as to set the 7 degrees that I get. (Centigrades)

There is also a second machine with the same devices, and there they work without problem....