1785-ENET Cable Pinout

I am trying to connect my pc to a PLC5-30 through a
1785-ENET module. Does anyone have the wiring specs for the
15 pin plug on the module to the Ethernet plug which plugs
into my PC??

You don't need a cable, what you need is a tranceiver. That 15-pin d-shell is an "AUI" port; Rockwell makes a transceiver that has a 15-pin on the CPU side and a female RJ45 (CAT 5) on the other side. Part number is 1785-TR10BT. There are others if you need to go to fiber-optic instead of copper (CAT 5).

Yup. Your the man. I suppose I could use any brand transceiver
as there are many cheaper ones out there. Wonder why AB didn't
just use RJ45 to start with?

I'm not sure why; they only started putting RJ-45 connectors on ethernet PLC 5's and ethernet sidecar modules in the last year. The newer stuff supports 10/100Mbps ehternet/IP; the one you have will only support 10M/half-duplex.

charlesrgraves said:
Yup. Your the man. I suppose I could use any brand transceiver
as there are many cheaper ones out there. Wonder why AB didn't
just use RJ45 to start with?

Because at the time of that ethernet module, Thick and Thin coax were the standards for ethernet. Not twisted pair. So, AB put on the 'universal' ethernet port, and let the end user use a standard transceiver for whatever network they ran.