AB 1794ACN15 vs 1794ACN What is the difference?

RSL

I have been getting 1794 ACN15(R) for my FlexIO remote racks in the past. I recently received a 1794 ACN instead. It looks similar and I ASSumed it had the same functionality.

I installed it and browsed my network. RSNetworx cannot see the ACN on the network. I have the EDS for it and am running RSNetworx 6.0. I am using RS5000 version 15 too.

I tried for a while to get this to work, no luck. The network LED flashes green after I connect the ACN to my network. So it seems to be happy with the network? It simply does not show up in the network when I browse it.

I installed a new ACN15 that I had and it took off and ran as I am used to. I scheduled the network and am commissioning the system now.

I cannot seem to locate any reference to this device on the Rockwell site. No literature or KB documents. Only things for the ACN15. Does the ACN supersede it?

I have a rather complicated procurement process here, but I believe that I ordered an ACN15 not an ACN. The build date on the module is 06/05 and it is major rev A01.

Anybody know anything about these?

RSL

These were for Phase 1.25 of ControlNet. They still make them for customers that still use this early release of ControlNet. Your distributor should take that back and give you a Phase 1.5 ACN15.

Thanks for the info. That makes sense why it acts like it does. I was not doing Controlnet back then so I have never seen one before.

I will return it for credit.

Thanks again.

RSL