modbus vs profibus

bhamad

hi,
I am trying to interface VFD (variable frequency drive)that uses profibus protocol with PLC that uses modbus protocol. so i want to konw if there is certain interface to make that connection.

If you're only trying to interface to 1 VSD then why pay the extra for a ProfiBus interface. If you have to pay for a protocol converter (ie. Prolinx Gateway et. al.) then just opt for modbus on your VSD.

BTW, Modbus is offered standard (ie. no extra cost) by many drive manufacturers.

Good Luck,

(8{)} ( .)

(Yosi)

Similar Topics

Hi Everyone! I am feeling some troubles while dealing with Profibus and Modbus. Is there anyone who can help me out in following questions? 1...
Replies
Views
hello I use S7-317 CPU in new project to control production line. I use two old DC motor drives...in old configuration they were controlled...
Replies
Views
Iam working on link PLC S7-317 2PN/DP as master using profibus to two old slave speed drives which have only modbus (rs-485) after search I...
Replies
Views
Hi, On a project, i have to assess the possibilities of communication directly from a Labview application on a computer. Profibus: you need a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I want your advice for my problem : I have two PLC control systems , first is an old one and I use an Intouch Scada system to monitor and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom