timer that just times?

g.robert

Lifetime Supporting Member
I need a timer to install in the face of some control panels for hydraulic presses. They would need to be NEMA 4 or 12 rated. All they would do is allow operator to set time in seconds or minutes then display the count down. At completion of time, it would have an audible signal. That's it. It does not turn anything external off or on. Any body know of that animal in USA?

What about a mechanical kitchen timer?
Should do the job, and be fairly robust.
Don't know about the NEMA 4 or 12 rating though.
Maybe get a few spares incase the first one is broken by the heavy industrial environment.
I've even got one on my desk (electric battery operated) with a magnetic backing that can be stuck on any steel surface.

Any electronic timer relay can do that, of course the audible alarm will have to be connected thru the relay output. This is an AD (Koyo) timer manual, see if it will not do what you require;
http://web3.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/koyotimerm/koyotimerm.pdf
I just used this as an example and the ratings are European but many are available that are Nema 4/12 rated.

I assume this press does not have a plc or HMI or it could be done thru it. If there is a plc a plain text (numeric) display could also provide what you need at a comparitive cost.

Thanks for info. The press does not have a PLC. The only electric control is a motor starter for the HPU.

The Cole Palmer looks the closest to what I am after. I hope they have something that can be "cut in" and mounted to a control panel and powered from existing 120 VAC.