plc help

AGENTTINFOIL

Ok guys heres one for you. I burned a plc program to a disk, from a laptop that I no longer own, thinking that I could just load the disk and open the project with the direct soft software but every time I try to open it I can't. Now I can look at the files and there are several of them but I just can't figure out whats going on. I really need to be able to open this project as it contains all the descriptions for the bits, and rungs. Did I make a major goof or what? Any help would be much appreciated.

Could it be that simple?

Transfer all them files to your hard disk and remove there "read only" property/attribute as it should be since it was writen unto a CD which cannot be anything else than "Read only".

Sometimes its all there is.

Also, it may be that the DSLaunch initial program "DSLaunch.exe" does not have the "project name", so cannot start the program. To bypass the Launch program and go directly into the PLC software program, look for a file in your \Program Files\DirectSoft\Bin subdirectory, named something like "C:\DirectSoft4\Bin\DSP4x.EXE" for Version 4, or "C:\DirectSOFT32\BIN\DSP3x.EXE" for Version 3, and so on. Start this program, and then Browse for your new program. I have an Icon set up for this location, and I usually start the program this way. This way, I can open any valid file, regardless of what disk it came from.