scan rate

srik

I want to know about minimum scan rate of real time trend & historical trend for reputed DCS systems.PLease give some idea to find out

srik

I haven't done any DCS work for a few years now, so I may be out of date, but while you may find the odd DCS that will allow you to trend on a 100 ms scan, most of the time 1 second is the minimum scan rate.

I have seen in a SCADA technical spec. sheet there has been written as
"The trend object must have selectable refresh rates in 0.1second increments from a minimum of 0.1 seconds to at least 1800 seconds".
What is the meaning of the above?

Similar Topics

Hi: new to plc's. I ran across a question the other day that I would like to find the answer to. When a plc runs a scan, in order to maximize it's...
Replies
Views
I am a college student looking to do some independent research in regards to dynamic loading of ropes and cables (i.e. drop a weight on a rope and...
Replies
Views
I had posted an earlier thread about a scale w/parameters issue. Turns out it may not be the issue. Since, I do not have much PLC experience, nor...
Replies
Views
Hi All I need to find out how fast (worst case) an input located on a profibus network can be scanned (updated) in an S7-319F. On a Controllogix...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom