How to copy a S7Graph block?

martin3885

Does anyone know how can I copy a block created in S7Graph? I tried to ctrl+c then ctrl+v and then to assign a new number to the new block., but it doesn't work. Let's say before copying I called my FB1,db1 in ob1. Then I call the new block FB20 in ob1, and the old one I don't call any more. So it works only if the FB1 is in the project. Why???? I do not use it any more, I checked it in every place in the program there is no other call FB1, db1. When I delete the FB1 from the project then I become an error: FB1 is not loaded. FC72 wants to call this FB1, but I tried to delete FC72 and then to save FB20=to create a new FC72 but it also doesn't work:-((((((((((((

I seem to remember having this problem as well. I haven't got time to search for it at present, but I'm pretty sure I posted on the subject, so you should be able to find something if you go searching.

As Simon states , use "save as".

You can't mess around like that , the call structure is a good deal more complicated that may meet the eye - you cannot just "update declaration" for FC72 .
FC72 is generated by graph , if you note , it is protected - if you were to unprotect it , you can do something along the lines of what you suggest , but I can only suggest that this is not a good idea.

Hi,
save as doesn't work too. What I did was to open an old FB, copy the chain(Kette in German) and to paste it into the new FB. Then it works, but it's too complicated, there must be other possibility.

I think we need a new Thread about "How does the Search function work here"!

I'm 99.9% certain that I posted on this problem not that long ago and not only can I not find that Thread, this Thread doesn't show up regardless of what key-words I enter! :confused:

Since I'm pretty meticulous about posting solutions, if I find one (some would call it pedantic), it would be nice to be able to find the Thread.

I'm not sure, but in the back of my mind I've got the idea that deleting the IDB and recreating it may have been the solution, but I'm not sure.

If I can persuade my wife to allow me to wind the computer up during the next three week's holiday, I'll try and see if I can (re)discover the solution.

Just in case I can't (persuade my wife, that is), Merry Christmas and a Happy (and busy) New Year to one and all!

Cheers

Roy

Can't recall it , and I keep a look out for Graph stuff - 3 weeks ! 3 weeks ! I'm hoping to get back around the 23rd , and unfortunately have shut down work in between xmas and the new year -

In any case , enjoy your holiday too .

Gotya!

Well, it took a little while, but by searching for all my posts I finally found it.

Simon provided the answer here.

Still doesn't answer the question of why a normal Search didn't turn up the Thread.