T-3 Terminal and errors

okiebob

I have a T-3 term. attached to a PLC2/05 plus the laptop connected on the C channel. I am TRYING to strip the plc of its prog. and translate to a PLC 5 prog.. The problem I am hitting is that during the Verify stage the PC times out on the serial port. At the same time the terminal says to rewind tape and then press read from tape. Any clues or helpful hints to this bugger. I can read from the Data Cart (tape) to the pc but in that instance I get a Counter/seq/addr error so the tapes are not really good for the conversion without changing the SEQ 0040 and it is used NUMEROUS times.

conversion

Are you using A-B conversion software (6200-2CV5) ?
Do you have manual PUB# (6300-6.5.1)?

You need to install this conversion software, the two PLCs are worlds apart.

Roger

I have a T-3 term. attached to a PLC2/05 plus the laptop connected on the C channel.
My recollection of T3/SB/PLC2 operations is very hazy, but isn't there an option to not verify - record B or shift B or some such?

I can read from the Data Cart (tape) to the pc but in that instance I get a Counter/seq/addr error so the tapes are not really good for the conversion without changing the SEQ 0040 and it is used NUMEROUS times.
When you read the tape, is the image file created? Maybe the s/w is complaining about the multiple use of counter 040 and doesn't know how to convert. I'll hazard a guess that the PLC2 programmer needed to conserve data table and so resorted to this multiple re-use technique. It's valid, but not very user-friendly. You could duplicate it in the PLC5, but with the extra memory is most unlikely to be necessary.

A golden opportunity to design a better method for whatever it is.

T-3 operations

A few more items to add. The conversion software is being used and it appears to be what is driving the verify operation. I have tried to cancel the verify to no avail. I end up with a serial port time out and get canned. As far as an op to improve the operation that is true. The whole setup is unit 1 -712 rungs and lots of reworking already in progress, unit 2 (the goofy one) only 86 rungs but pure spagetti code. Still trying to figure out the operational sequence, as this job came in blind. Never saw it run and documentation is very scanty plus no descriptors (ouch). The only sure thing is that it did run at one time and worked pretty well until the fire in the building killed things. So the digging and clue hunting continues. The system hardware and software are both being slimmed down to a more efficient process , it just takes some brain damage to get there. Self taught programmers without proper guidance do the darndest things, BUT he made it work and kept it running for 18 odd years, no problems there, just figuring out what each leg is doing and why things were done the way that they were. Sure wish I could sit down and talk to him for about a week.

Last edited:
You may have the incorrect com. board configured, if so you will experience a time out error.
Use the 1784-KTP board to connect directly to a PLC-2 processor for
programming, the 1784-KTP board is the default device for PLC-2
programming software.
Use the 1784-KL board to connect a 1784-T45 or 1784-T47 to a processor directly or over DH+.
Use the 1784-KT to connect a 1784-T50 or IBM-compatible directly to or
over DH+ to a processor. Use the 1784-KT2 to connect an IBM PS/2,
6123, or 6124 directly to or over DH+ to a processor.

Food for thought
Roger