Micrologix 1200

It will wither be the RS-232 DF1 driver (default) or the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver. Either one will require a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable. If it is a brand-new ML1200, it should be defaulted to RS-232 DF1.

Thats correct. You shoul be have RS232 cable part no 1761-CBL-PM02. Connect your cable to your rs232 (PC to Plc with your cable).
Open your RSlinx. Setup your driver as RS232. This will make new driver for you as RS-232 DF1.
To make more easy for setup rslinx, just click the auto setup on your rslinx after choose driver. This action will auto detect your device (remember to install your cable befor do this cause rslinx will looking for defice and setting all for you).
After succed, you can open your RSlogix500 and selec who active.
Choose your micrologix and enjoy it, ok.
Times to beer....!

Thank you for the quick response. I didn't have time to thank you yesterday but I appreciate your time. However, even after following your advice I still couldn't connect. I don't know what to do, do you have any other ideas?

twins

When you say can't connect does the df1 driver auto configure correctly?
If the auto-configure fails then check your port connections, is the 1200 a r version with dual ports and are you possibly using the wrong port?

Have you the correct version of rslogix 500?

Come back with more details....

kevin combes

I still didnt understand why you cant connect. Are you sure your comm already same, cause even you click auto setting on your rslink, first you must input the communication data from your PC (comm1 or com2). Open your control panel and hardware setting to ensure your communication port at your PC hardware already same as rslinx.
Can you give me more details about your software version and your pc, i will try to help you as long i know.