Priority program for S7-300

BNA

Hi'

Is there any of you bright heads that could help me make this simple, I have 5 different programs (Inputs) with different priority that can be set in random order. Now i need a program that can sort out the inputs and set the right program number (Output or INT).

Example:
Input 1 = priority 1
Input 2 = priority 2
Input 5 = priority 5

If Input 1,3 and 5 is activated, set program 1.

It should be simple I just can set my mind on how to solve it as simple as possible.

Regards Brian

Try this1

Prio.JPG

Jesper 🍺

Hi lauu

Thank you for your suggestion, but it does not solve my problem it only moves the problem to INT instead of inputs.

If more inputs are active I need the Plc to decide which program has the highest priority, and then set ONLY one output or program number.

Regards

Brian

Hej BNA

There will only bee 1 program number active, because I use the same Register for the "ProgramNR". You will only see the selected programnr regarding the highest priority´input in the rest of your program. If you look at the image you can see that all the priority input er "ON", and the selected ProgramNr will bee programNr 1.

Jesper

Hi,
What about mapping your inputs to a word, then ==I compare with the desired number,then on a match jump conditionally and set the program active. if Input 1,3,5 are active giving 21, again compare then jump to the same label for Program 1 and force selection.

something like this maybe

L #Program_no // int
L 1
==I
JC Pro1

L #Program_no // int
L 2
==I
JC Pro2

etc

Pro1: L #Program_no
T #active_Program_no
BEC

If this ended up with alot of jumps, then a JumpList would be better.

lauu said:
Hej BNA

There will only bee 1 program number active, because I use the same Register for the "ProgramNR". You will only see the selected programnr regarding the highest priority´input in the rest of your program. If you look at the image you can see that all the priority input er "ON", and the selected ProgramNr will bee programNr 1.

Jesper

Thanks Lauu

I must confess I didn't know that the move function worked like that, this is just what I need.

Regards
Brian

You could also assess them as a byte (IB1) , and use a simple group of compares - I am afraid there is not really and elegant solution to this one , but then , it isn't really an elegant problem !

Hej BNA

It has nothing to do with the MOVE instruction, it is the way PLC scan's the program. That is why I started with the lowest priority(5) first. So the last one scanned(active one) is going to set the ProgramNr.

Jesper.