S7-315 DP and Profibus

Big_col

Hi

I am having a go at profibus for the first timeo_O I am using a 315 cpu and an old S7-215 DP. I have configured the hardware in step 7 and when the cables are connected the lights go off on the 315 and turn green on the 215 to indicate the link is ok and data is being exchanged. In the 215 no of set is used so the data starts at VB0 to VB3. If VB0 - VB3 has FFh entered when the profibus is plugged in VB0 VB1 are reset to 0. In hardware config in step 7 the address view shows Q = 0, 1 and I = 2, 3 in address overview. When we try and read using SPC14 DP_READ we set the laddr to 2 I get an error 8093 No DP module from which you can read consistent data exists at the logical address specified in LADDR. I have been told by Siemens that I can read this information with out using SPC14

Have I missed something? any help would be much appreciated

Colin