wincc to excel file

catalin78

Hello .
I am trying to get out some data from wincc flexible advanced to a excel file whitout succeeding .
If anybody has a ideea ... please asist ,thanks

I went to a course a couple of weeks back. There are some examples of writing scripts in the software CD supplied. I will see if I can post them over the weekend.

HTML table

I write scripts that put the data into an HTML table. This is basicly a text file with some formating for HTML. When I save the file I put .xls file type on the end. Excel will open it up and it looks normal. I also save the same file to a .htm file type and view the file during runtime and I put a link to it in smart access. I am traveling now but next week I can post some code if you need it.

I am at work now, and I don't have the CD. I will surf for it on the weekend and upload some of the examples if you want. Sure, give me your email if you want, and I will send them to you.
I have dial up at home, so if they are large, maybe monday might be better.

what data u need to export to excel

log data are stored in csv format wihch u can open in Excel

so if u want to record for example temperature reading u can make a log file and this will be stored in csv format

Amr Hassan said:
what data u need to export to excel
log data are stored in csv format wihch u can open in Excel
so if u want to record for example temperature reading u can make a log file and this will be stored in csv format
Trigger could be time-cycle or value cahnge-event. There are date-time, value and timestamp (.1 sec) in the csv-log-file.

contents of excel file

in the excel file i need to put the following data :

1.process values
2.alarms
3.date & time event ocurred
4.medium value between 2 process values recorded for the last 3 days

csv files can be imported in excel ? i mean can i import a single value to a excel cell?

On the WinCC V6.0 CD, under 'additional software' (from the main installation menu) there is a utility called 'Configuration Tool', this is the Excel add on. This adds an extra toolbar to Excel that allows you to do all your configuration via Excel.

I haven't used this as I am still running WinCC V5.1 which requires Excel 2000 and I am running Excel 2003, so I can't install the add on.

Paul

I browsed the CD that was supplied in the course that I took a couple of weeks ago. Much to my dismay, it was a lot of AVI files, about 16Meg each. They do go through how to create scripts and such, but do not go into detail about how to write vba-excel scripting, just how to start the process.

I asked the instructor if there were examples of the script writing on the CD, and he said yes. Obiously, he didn't know.

The course/or info seminar was available to all Siemens suppliers. I would call Siemens and ask about the WinCC Flex Seminar information that would be available to end users.

I bought the WinCC Flex STD for $495.00CAD. Unbeleivable price. The advanced was not priced, but give Siemens Help a call and find out about the documentation supplied.

Sorry for the misleading information, I could post the AVI's, but they are quite large.