Concept M

Mic

A 984 685 PLC has been programmed with Modsoft v x.xx programming software . The client requires to upgrade the programming software with modsoft concept.

Is it sufficient that I upload the program from 984 PLC to the PC with concept v 2.6 M and download back to the PLC to ensure that the controller has been upgraded from modsoft to concept M. ?

Do I need to configure the PLC ports as one modbus port is communicating to HMI ?

Modsoft was a programming tool for the 984LL language. 984LL can be run in a Concept program section on some processors. An old 984-685 processor is not supported by Concept.

But, to answer your question, yes you need to configure the processor using Concept. This includes I/O mapping and the communication ports.

Jim Dungar said:
Modsoft was a programming tool for the 984LL language. 984LL can be run in a Concept program section on some processors. An old 984-685 processor is not supported by Concept.

But, to answer your question, yes you need to configure the processor using Concept. This includes I/O mapping and the communication ports.

Thank you Mr.jim Dungar.

How to recognise the concept M supported 984-685 processors ? Can u help me in getting the list of supported 984-685 processors?

Concept M is a medium size package intended for programming the Momentum and TSX Compact families of processors. The original 984 family of controllers, including the 984-685 and 984-685E, is not support by any Concept package. The TSX Compact controllers supported by Concept M include the PC984E258 and larger processors.

Jim Dungar said:
Concept M is a medium size package intended for programming the Momentum and TSX Compact families of processors. The original 984 family of controllers, including the 984-685 and 984-685E, is not support by any Concept package. The TSX Compact controllers supported by Concept M include the PC984E258 and larger processors.

Many Thanks for your wonderful support Mr.Jim Dungar