Tracking PLC program changes

rta53

Lifetime Supporting Member
I apologize if this has been addressed before, but I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good solution for tracking changes to PLC programs. My situation is rather simple but I still need a solution. We service a lot of the equipment we sell to customers which means we often have to make changes to their PLC programs. We pretty much use AB products exclusively. When I was the only programmer/troubleshooter all the programs were on my laptop and backed-up on our server. Now we have 3 people who may at times have to go to a customers site or connect remotely to make changes to a program. I know there is software available to track version changes but it seems to be more geared to tracking changes at a single location with multiple PLCs. Any advice?