Pinball rebuild

paulpobs

I am rebuilding a pinball machine using a Micrologix 1200R and I would like to know how do I sent the values from the counters to the 7 segment displays. Is it possible to use the DF1 port on the side, or do I need someother interface. I know a panel view would be so much easier and probally cheaper but I want to retain the old style look. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

That's difficult. You need 4 outputs for each LED. Use a BCD output format. That's 16 outputs for a 4 digit display.

Another way is to add counter electronics to the display, or replace each display with a counter. Pulse the counter to increment the score. For this method, you only need 2 outputs - Count and Reset. Use an Up/Down counter internally. Count up as you score points.
Count down as you output the count to the display.