using same inputs in two different rungs in the same programme

pinakin

I am developing logic for our sumps(three)level high alarms using three different level switches.
I have terminated these three level switches contacts at three input terminals(I:047/10, I:047/11,I:047/12 ALL IN PARALEL) on the input module.On the rung these three inputs are in parallel and will energise one output, say O:022/07.
In the same programme i am using these three input bits in three different rungs to energise three binary bits (B3/03, B3/04, B3/05)
QUESTION:Is above logic seems correct?

Inputs can be used on multiple rungs without any problems. It is the outputs which should not be duplicated on multiple rungs, unless they are latching and unlatching coils.

pinakin said:
I need quick reply

Let's not get pushy, or I'll have to give you your money back and refuse future business.

Actually, you can use as many contacts as you want on as many rungs as you want. This applies to internal coils, bits of words, inputs, and outputs.

Using many instants of a "contact" is not a problem, actually it's very common. The problem is using many instances of the same coil, this problem is commonly known as "double coiling"

Some PLC's doesn't allow this (I mean double coiling), Some allow it only if you are using "Set and "Reset",Some allow it without any restrictions .. anyway, if it's allowed, you should know that "Last rung excuted wins" which mean that the last rung that controls this output is the rung that will will update the status of this coil.

Last edited:
pinakin said:
I need quick reply

I am going to have a word with the staff here for you.

Sorry for the delay in responding to your demand but what with christmas coming up and a rush of other questions, somehow your demand was placed further down the queue.

We do supply an international help desk here, manned 24/7 but it appears on this occation some where out shopping, some were sleeping and others were working.

A reprimand has been sent to all involved

I need a fast thankyou