Allen Bradley RSView

ucox_sigi

Since long time ago we have been using RS view to monitoring our process. We use PC pentium III and 1784-KTXD card as interface.
Now, we want upgrade our PC to Pentium IV,but we have problem. Now pentium IV doesnt have ISA card to insert our 1784-KTXD.
I would like use interface from PCI to ISA or use RSlinx gateway.
Any body have idea for this case?
If i use rslinx gateway, how to set it become multiple PC cause now we have one PKTXD under PCI card.

Thanx for help.

Wow... A PIII with ISA slots? I thought ISA had gone the way of the dodo when the PII was the hot item.

http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/214372/1491278/3495441/

This link lists compatible products and they had a couple PCI cards listed. You might want to look into them. As always, the vendor always wants to sell you something, so you could give your Allen Bradley distributor a call and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

Which PLCs are you using?

We decided to install a 4 slot ControlLogix rack with just an ENBT card and a DHRIO card in it (no processor needed) to function as a bridge between Ethernet and DH+. It was considerably less expensive than the cost on new KTX cards for PCI buss PCs (in fact, its not a whole lot more than just one KTX card). We use the built in E-net port on the PCs now, no special cards needed in the PC, so IT has theirs and we can still keep the controller network off limits to the unwashed.

Damn Alaric... you always come up with some slick solutions. As always, I'm left impressed.

Just stay on your side of the country. I don't want to have to compete for a job with you. (y)

Thankyou for quick respons.
Actually all are good idea and when i consult with AB distributor in our country they said also many option. They are buy PCI card,Install DHRIO on controll Logix back plane (controll logix as gateway to ethernet), Buy new interface from DH+ to Ethernet (Datalink),or buy new RSlink gateway.
But if those are solution, where we will our old card (we have 4 card isa KTXD), thats not so good if in future we not use them (the KTXD card is excelent and expensive card), so i think the option we can use is using interface to ISA like PCI to ISA if that can support our system.
Other information: Now we still use old PC with KTXD (4 PC) and connect to 5 processor AB PLC 5/40 ser.C.
If still have others option which one is more reasonable,please tell me.
Thank you.