TSX Micro Internal Addresses

Hi, friendly people !

I´m a guy from Brazil, really not so expert as many of you I have seen here.

I´m indirectly involved in the integration of a TSX Micro PLC from Modicon (Schneider) with a IFix (from Emerson) application.

I have been asked for the internal addresses of the TSX Micro cpu, to deliver to others of the team. I got the infomation below in this site, but it seems no so complete as we need.
------------------------
0xxxx discrete outputs and internal coils
1xxxx discrete inputs
3xxxx analog inputs
4xxxx analog registers
------------------------

For example, if I have an digital input like %I0.0, a digital output like %Q4.4, a analogic input like IW6.1, a internal floating like %MF4, how can I address them ?

I thank you for all help you can give me.

Wishing a nice year of 2005,
Roberto Camargo

Last edited:
You are correct the TSX Micro addressing like your example.

The IFix probably uses a Modbus format where 4xxxx is a word and 0xxxx is a coil. IFix knows how to handle double words and floating point when doing Modbus communications.

I am not certain, but I believe that the only TSX Micro conversion for Modbus communications would be:
4xxxx = %MWx-1, for example 40001=%MW0, 40002=%MW1, 40003=%MW2
0xxxx = %Mx-1, for example 00001=%M0, 00002=%M1, 00003=%M2

Thanks, Jim.....

For the first time I was preparing this problem to be presented, I made it complete. But then - Murphy is alive ! - my pc was reseted and I lost some parts of the problem.

If I was using a normal comunication, I believe I would not have this problem. The question has arised because we have a Digi One SP Ethernet to RS 485 converter between the two communicating elements..... I can say I know almost nothing about the Modicon line, but I think this is not the way Modbus works (may be I´m wrong....).

You gave me the answer thinking about the internal coil and the internal register. But I still could´nt apply this rules over the examples I presented, that are the situations I have to resolve.

Lots of thanks and my best regards,
Roberto Vieira de Camargo