1756 RHIO Communications HELP!!

Kabir

I am having some problems with accessing a PLC through a 1756RHIO card.

There was an existing control logix housing only a LAN card and a single 1756 RHIO card (no processor). This system was used to split a long DH+ network into two smaller networks (A & B).

Here is the problem:

There has been a new control logix installed using another 1756RHIO card on one of the existing DH+ networks (B). From the new control logix we are unable to access the remote DH+ network (A) via the previous control logix DH+ system.

I would really want to know a solution to this problem and if it is possible to use multiple control logix 1756 RHIO cards in this manner?

If I'm reading this correctly....

What you're trying to do is bridge between 2 DH+ networks. I don't believe the DHRIO module can do that.
To access both networks on the original DHRIO, you need to "enter" through the backplane. i.e. via the LAN card you mentioned (ethernet perhaps?). Or, you need to connect your new DHRIO to both networks.

You should be able to use DHRIO gateway with no processor - if understand you correctly. Really this was done before Logix processor introduced.

If you can't browse DH+ after the gateway, then check EDS for your DHRIO card revision

Oh correction it really is DHRIO I am not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that original claim...

We have already setup the first DHRIO card to split two DH+ networks and that works pretty good even with data routed through that card. The problem is when we added the second Control logix with a DHRIO card connected to one of the existing DH+ networks we are unable to access the processors of via this new card