sms using SLC5/03 using nokia 30 GSM modem

bhavik

Can any one tell me how send msg to any mobile using SLC5/03.
Channel 0 is connected to Nokia 30 GSM modem. We have establised PC to PLC communication through MODEMs using RSLinx.
Next step to configure the channel for sending msgs.
if you have program for same that would be really helpful.
Thank You.

The principle is the same, but the link above gives an example of how to 'dial out' and establish a fixed connection to another modem. To send a text message, you need to use slightly different AT commands (eg AT+CMGS=). I have several app's already written for AB (incl a 5/03) available (i have posted a few on here if you search for them - one recently to send multiple messages to multiple cell phones). They use either Westermo or Siemens GSM modems, but they are all very similar.

Any problems, PM me and i'll email them!

Hope this helps! (y)

Hello, thanx for replying.

we searched codes regarding this matter sent by you, but we did not find any thing. so please kindly send us ladder code for SLC 5/03 with modem as early as possible.

Not sure you looked too hard!! View recent posts by me ("Concatenate or not?"), and you'll find a sample bit of code. To send a text message only requires 2 maybe 3 lines of code.

Hope this helps.....;)

You're missing the point - you were told to do it - NOW!!

You should also get you air ticket ready to install and commission the software.

You should also get you air ticket ready...

....and don't forget your oxygen cylinder.....

weather.PNG

Humble apologies :geek: ....I'll get right on it NOW!! Don't think i'm doing anything later on......!🍻

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!