EZ-Touch panels can be connected to the GE Fanuc 90-30 CMM311 Module?

piscis

Does anyone know if AD’s EZ-Touch panels can be connected to the GE Fanuc 90-30 CMM311 Module?

Right now I have it connected to the programming port and it is working just fine, but I will like to have that port for ladder logic programming only, which cannot be done with the CMM311.

If so what cable do I need (this is a 25pin port) do I have to make it or can I purchase it. I checked AD and could not see it.

Thanks

If it communicates through the programming port, then it will also work through the CMM311 module. You need to configure the port on the CMM module properly.

If it is RS422/RS485 communications, then you will have to use port 2 on the CMM311. If it's RS232, you can use either port.

The will communicate with GE Fanuc 90/30 and 90/70 series with SNPX and any Series Six PLC with CCM2 protocol. Does the CMM311 module support this protocol?

Andy

I did a project with a GE and Maple Systems Silver Series HMI.
RS422 to port 2 of the CMM311. Maple has schematics on their website - should help with your connections to the EZ HMI.
There is one downside. Communications are slower on the CMM311. I think the limit is 19200. If you need more speed, consider replacing your CPU with one that has extra ports.
In my case, the cost of a 360 CPU and a CMM311 module was almost the same as a 363 CPU. The customer wanted the 360/CMM combo, because that was what he had in stock for support of other systems, so I never got a chance to check out the 363.