Counting money

Avner

Dear Friends

Happy New Year

I have a question.
Did anyone here try to deal with counting money (coins and bills) via a PLC?

Do you know of any standard element that one can buy and talk to in RS232 or I/O?

Thanks in advance

Avner

Avner,

Yes I have counted coins using a fiber optic photo-eye output to a PLC, but I have not counted bills. I know that bill counters use photo-eyes as well to count bills, but with a photo-eye you do not know the denomination of the bills.

When I counted coins they were the same coin, so there was no need for determining the value of the coin.

I am sure you could use a vision system and a PLC together if the value of each coin or bill was needed.

Mike

Similar Topics

Hello I am looking for tips on how to count the duration of a given function and then how to display it on the hmi panel in the hh:mm:ss format...
Replies
Views
Guys, I know it will be silly but can't get my head around it. I have 3 conveyors, every one on a separate servo drive, and 2...
Replies
Views
The 1734-IB8 has no hardware counting function correct? I am trying to find something to substitute in for a 5069-IB16F (since lead times are...
Replies
Views
Been scratching my head at what I thought should be a relatively simple task. I need to count how many rows a .csv file has, so I can later read...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to count my Contactor switching times. There are lots of them so I created a template logic with local variables in FC2000. Now I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom