can u help me??????

sukesh_50

hi all,

pls clarrify my doubt....

i'm using ge fanuc ic800ssd107rs1 series servo amplifier.
is it possible to control this using pulse train outputs from versamax micro plc(ic200udd110)

It is not intended to be used like that and does not have a puls train input. It is a "stand alone" servo controller. You should use the VersaMax to start/stop and change paramaters in the controller. This can be done through Digital and/or Analog I/Q.

servo amplifier

hi mr russB.

as u told its not a motion controller i believe.. its an amplifier. it cannot be stand alone.
it doesnt have a pulse train input, i agreed...

but in the manual it is mentioned that the auxilary encorder input can be connected to any pulse source... same thing i am trying now... but it is not working...... hope u will reply

regards,

sukesh

If you're wiring your pulse train output from the PLC to the auxiliary input on the SSD107, you need to use gearing. Study the commands associated with gearing in the manual.

You need to establish a gearing ratio (GRN, GRD), define the gearing input (GRI) as the aux input, and enable gearing (GRE).

Are you able to control motion using the analog velocity command?

hi,
i am able to control the motor using analog velocity command. but accuracy is less.I have tried using Gearing also.!! but still i have a doubt........ CAN WE GIVE PULSE INPUT TO THE SERVO(SSD107)... WILL IT WORK BASED ON PULSE....IF YES, PLS SEND ME THE PLC PROGRAM AND MOTION PROGRAM

REGARDS,
SUKESH

The way to make it work with a pulse reference is by acting as a follower. You make it act as a follower by invoking the gearing features. I haven't used this particular drive myself, so I can't give you any ladder logic.

The analog signal is a velocity command. When the drive is commanded to run, it will do so at a velocity proportional to the signal level of the analog command. When you interface the drive to a motion controller, the motion controller generates the analog velocity signal. As the axis approaches the target position, the motion controller decreases the velocity command. Once you get to the target position, the drive is commanded to run at zero velocity so it can maintain enough torque resist being pushed out of position.

When you make it act as a follower, it will generate its own velocity command based on the magnitude of the difference between its current position and the position of the master axis (the error).

If you have the hardware available, I suggest you try it out. If you don't have it, get in touch with your supplier to see if you can try your ideas on whatever demo equipment they have available.