RSView ME vs SE

As 'lifted' from the Rockwell website:

RSView Supervisory Edition (SE) is an HMI for supervisory-level monitoring and control applications. It has a distributed and scalable architecture that supports distributed-server/multi-user applications, giving maximum control over information everywhere you want it. This highly-scalable architecture can be applied to a stand-alone one-server/one-user application or to multiple users interfacing with multiple servers. RSView Supervisory Edition is targeted at supervisory-level monitoring and control applications that need a distributed and scalable architecture. Supervisory Edition includes runtime servers and clients, allowing customers to develop and deploy a multi-server/multi-client application. Such applications are developed with the RSView® Studio development tool.

RSView Machine Edition (ME) is a machine-level HMI that supports both open and embedded operator interface solutions for monitoring and controlling individual machines or small processes. RSView ME allows for a consistent operator interface across multiple platforms, including Microsoft® Windows® CE and Microsoft® Windows® 2000 solutions. Components of this exciting new HMI are a PC-based development tool called RSView® Studio and a separate runtime system called RSView® ME Station. RSView ME Station runs projects developed with RSView Studio. Flexible runtime choices include Allen-Bradley RAC6182 Windows CE-based industrial computers and Windows 2000 platforms.

An addition to MartB's information:

While the Rockwell Software site does mention the 6182 in its RSView ME description, this software is now more commonly run on the PanelView Plus or VersaView CE terminals.

From a high-level view, RSView SE can be used in SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) applications where lots of data is passed throughout the system.

RSView ME is designed for machine-level applications. If you are familiar with RA's PanelView terminals (or PanelMates, to mention just one competitor), then RSView ME is similar to these products. It adds more features to the RA PanelView line, but I've never personally compared RSView ME features with other competing products.

Rick