Best way to learn...

just_lionel

I am wondering, what would eb the best way for me to learn how to program with DeviceNet and ControlNet? Remember here, I am unemployed and broke (Not what you really want is it?)

I am also setting up my PanelView to program with that. I have a few project ideas, but I think I really need to get a grasp on DeviceNet and ControlNet. Any ideas?

I do have the Rockwell Software so that part is not a problem.

I think you have a misconception of DNET etc. Its basically a network communication protocol that sends and receives data which will be associated with the plcs internal bits.

Once the network is setup you program the plc in the same manner as you always would.

www.odva.org has the information for DNET and Ethernet/IP.

rsdoran said:
I think you have a misconception of DNET etc. Its basically a network communication protocol that sends and receives data which will be associated with the plcs internal bits.

Once the network is setup you program the plc in the same manner as you always would.

www.odva.org has the information for DNET and Ethernet/IP.

Thats what I thought DNET was, wasn't 100% sure. Now if ebay just would come up with some deals so I can purchase...oh yea, need a job first
biggthumpup.gif